Thursday, March 12, 2009

MACAROONS GALORE!






Ever since my family trip to Europe in 2006, all four of us have been OBSESSED with French macaroons. Like we spend our days hunting for places to find them in Chicago, spend our weekends trying to translate recipes from French and then perfectly recreate them in our kitchen. We've searched high and low and haven't really been able to find any that matched the amazing deliciousness of the ones we tried in Paris.....

UNTIL RIGHT NOW!


It was like Macaroon heavennnnnnnn! First I went with Jenny into Fortnum & Mason just so that our eyes would dazzle and our mouths would water because it is like a candy chocolate tea masterpiece work of art inside that place....and I saw in the window display that they had macaroons! SOoooooooo we both decided to splurge (or as K.B. would say "splurt") on something and I just had to get myself a "jolly".... the giant macaroon that was blood orange flavored! IT EVEN HAD TWO SLICES OF BLOOD ORANGE IN IT! Ooohhh it was pretty delicious! But I will be honest, it was maybe TOO gooey/liquid-y. Delicious, but just a little too sloppy on the inside. 4!

THEN, as we were on a hunt for smoothies we came across this place called "cilantro cafe" which had smoothies and looked adorable so we went in, only to find THEY ALSO HAD GIANT MACAROONS! Completely in awe of my new found fortune, I could not say no. Jenny and I split the giant chocolate macaroon and it even came with cream on the side. And let me tell you, THIS DID NOT DISAPPOINT! It was absolutely PERFECT, just like I remember macaroons being... really crispy thin outside with chewey inside and gooey chocolate stickyness and creamy chocolate filling inside.... PERFECT I TELL YOU!! 5++++++++++

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the post on your other blog, and when you mentioned the macaroons, I thought "I wonder if Julie will write a whole post about them." AND YOU DID. YES!

Anna said...

YESSSS food photos!!

For a moment i thought that the first photo was a cookie or cake shaped like a hamburger AND I GOT SO EXCITED. But its not. its just a macaroon.

Hannah said...

ohmigosh that brownie

WHY AM I NOT IN ENGLAND. WHY AM I IN STUPID POOP MCAD MINNEAPOLIS. *crycrycry*